Today I am gonna tell you one of my all-time secret cravings (besides cookies, banana bread, macarones, cheesecake, cinnamon buns, scones… you see I have many secret sweet cravings!). But this one especially appear at cold and rainy days! As much as I love my new home the weather could defintely be much better! The only way to go against these grey days is treating yourself with something sweet and chocolatery (at least for me!): Chocolate cream cheese brownies!
But I think all of you know that feeling when you are craving for something (not only at rainy days). Today I show you my soul food packed with lots of chocolate, cream cheese and love. Actually its too basic to call these brownies just “Double chocolate cream cheese Brownies” which I did. We should better call this an endless lovestory between intensive dark chocolate and absolutely creamy cheeecake! You will understand this by your first bite of this heavenly treat!
For me this brownie is the perfect combination of both perfect cakes. On one side chewy and rich chocolate cake and on the other side delicious cheesecake united in one fantastic cake! Don`t be scared of the amounts! It was enough for one large baking pan! And please do not try to save calories by replacing butter, sugar or the amount of chocolate. This will change the consistence in a very bad way. These brownies are not only worth the calories, they will also put a smile on your face, trust me! So next time you need an encouragement or something to master these rainy days, these brownies are my be-happy-promise for you! 🙂
Double chocolate cream cheese Brownies
460 g white sugar
1 tbsp. corn syrup
250 g dark chocolate
100 g milk chocolate
250 g butter
210 g flour
1,5 tbsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
cream cheese filling:
350 g cream cheese
100 g butter
130 g white sugar
optional: 70 g (white) chocolate chips or 70 g nuts (almonds, walnuts etc.)
- For the brownie batter: Melt the milk and dark chocolate and butter and let it cool. In another bowl whisk together the 5 eggs with sugar. Add the corn syrup. Now add the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix both mixtures. Whisk together flour, salt und baking powder and add as well to the mix. Optional add chocolate chips, nuts etc.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and oil a baking pan.
- For the cream cheese filling: Mix cream cheese, butter, white sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the brownie batter into the prepares pan. Then pour cream cheese filling on top. With a spoon add the rest of the brownie batter in 6 lumps on top . With the help of a wooden stick make a marbled design with both batters.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Have fun baking!