Here it is: The perfect chocolate chip cookies recipe! It took me so many tries to find the perfect recipe! My friends and family had do eat tons of cookies (and now they are so happy that I finally found the best recipe and can take a cookie baking break)!
It took me long to finally find the perfect recipe and I would like to share it with you. Moreover there are a few tips and tricks when baking chocolate chip Cookies:
- All ingredients must be nearly the same temperature (just take butter and eggs 30 minutes earlier of the fridge).
- Beat butter and sugar very creamy (at least 5 minutes!).
- An egg is essential + an egg york. The egg york is perfect for combining the ingredients to make the batter smooth and shiny.
- Magic ingredient: cornstarch (don’t underrate the power of this sweetener; it is an important ingredient for the texture of the cookies).
- Take a good quality vanilla extract (this is not the same as vanilla sugar!). Vanilla extract is liquid and very strong in taste. Best ones are Tahiti and Madagascar vanilla.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (salt, baking soda, flour) in an extra bowl and slowly add them to the butter-sugar-egg-mix by hand! Don’t over mix (because then the gluten in the flour will start to react and makes the batter sticky and your cookies won’t turn in crispy cookies). Take the right amount of baking soda. Too much will change the taste and to less will make your cookies too flat.
- Also add the chocolate chips by hand. Please take high quality chocolate chips. You can taste the difference! If you don’t find good quality chocolate chips, just take your favorite chocolate and cut it into chunks.
- Freeze the batter for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days. The freezing will strengthen the aroma and makes the cookies less flat. After freezing take an ice scoop spoon (or normal spoon) and form small balls. Keep distance between the balls.
- Baking time! This one depends on your oven. The oven should be very well heated, but not too hot. 175°C is the perfect temperature because the sugar will just start to caramelize. I put the baking tray in the lower part of my oven and baked them for exact 9 minutes. After baking leave them on the sheet for 10-15 minutes, the cookies will continue baking on the hot tray! Then remove them to let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Don’t store them in a plastic box! You don’t want soft cake-like cookies! Put them into glass box or a tin.
It’s a very classical recipe and can be baked in many variations! You can make the original version with chocolate chips. But this time I took chocolate marzipan and white chocolate chunks!
So here is it:
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 170 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg york
- 1 tbsp baking
- soda pinch of salt
- 280 g flour
- 100 g white sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 220 g any chocolate chips
In a bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Melt the butter and let it cool.
In another bowl mix together both sugars and the melted butter. Add egg and egg york one after another. Now add cornstarch and vanilla.
With a wooden spoon mix the dry and wet ingredients together until just incorporated. Now add chocolate chips or any other candy chunks (l took chocolate marzipan chunks and 100g white chocolate chunks). Refrigerate dough for at least 12 hours (and up to 2 days).
Preheat oven to 175°C and prepare baking sheets. Form small balls of dough and put them on prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes. After baking let them cool on the cookie sheets for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to let them cool completely. (adapted from Sally Baking Addiction)
Have fun baking!
Lots of Love